It has been a while since I posted anything of our work on the Barbara house. We’ve been plugging along steadily, making good progress, and I think now is a good time to post a few photos of what we’ve accomplished. (I had considered posting what we’d done as we did it but somehow that seemed a little tedious from both a production and reader’s viewpoint as progress has been so incremental.)
Anyhow, the first three photos are there to remind you of what it looked like before we started the reno. (Click on the first thumbnail to open the gallery and see the full sized photos.)
Click here for photos
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything here.. we’ve just been awfully busy and I somehow haven’t found the time to update the site…
Not all of our home improvement projects have been at Maison Barbara, we have actually done some work at Berkshire House. The latest project in an effort to update our home was to replace the massive brick fireplace mantle with something with a lower profile. The old brick mantle and surround was just to large to mount a TV above it and we feel that that is a common feature in new homes. We want Berkshire House to be competitive when we place it on the market in a couple months.
Below is a short photo essay on what we did. We’re pretty happy with the way it turned out…
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything here. We’ve been very busy on various projects but have completed nothing… until now. We are both happy to be done with the first phase of our master bath update – redoing the vanity.
The two guys we bought the house from who had bought it as a total wreck and started to refurb it didn’t quite get finished with the master bath. They had done a lot of good work but we came along and bought the house before they had a chance to finish everything. They had put a new vanity and lighting into the bath but it was not what we wanted so we decided to completely redo it.
Click below for a blow by blow of what we did!
The holidays really put a crimp on getting work done here at Maison Barbara and in me posting to this site! But we’ve gotten back on track and the demo is now almost complete. I just have a couple base cabs and the kitchen island to remove and a couple doorways to widen and then it’s on the the fun stuff – putting it all back together.
However, first things first; I need to re-route a lot of electrical and plumbing, and rerun the HVAC for the new ceiling height before I can start buttoning it all back up. But here’s a look at the interior of the main part of the house as it stands now – not a sight for the faint of heart!
Click here for Photos
The guest bath remodel phase one is almost complete…
This is the new vanity in the guest bath. The mirror needs to be hung, the plumbing hooked up, the drawers modified to fit around the plumbing, baseboard installed and ultimately the counter-top will be a beautiful piece of limestone.
Phase two will be the installation of a free standing tub and putting a more attractive tile on the floor.